Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's the summer.

+4
Shris
Mk
I)arkie
Duke Nukem
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1It's the summer. Empty It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

It's the summer and all the lil fagots are out of school to attempt to forget the shitty life of reality by roleplaying. By this I mean that summer is, has been, and will almost always be the biggest time for recruitment.

With recruitment comes an explosion of activity, and thus we should take advantage of this to make additions to our community. Hell if I remember correctly WKRE was formed in the summer, and due to that fact we were able to establish a good following. Not all due to that fact, but it was a factor none the less.

So keep your eyes peeled and be sure to ask good role players to join the clan. Remember don't deter from asking someone to join because you think they might be in a clan already. They may be seeking refuge from that clan or something.

On this note I'd also like to address a growing concern with some other members. Shaman activity on WC3. I will not pick out names, but if you're active on wc3 then you have nothing to worry about.

This issue was not brought up by me, but a collection of others that addressed the issue in a random conversation on ventrilo. I have no real solution for this, but I thought it best to at least address the issue instead of letting it go unnoticed.

Sincerely,
Duke Nukem

2It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:46 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Yes, our recruitment will be boosted,
But, heres the statistics before the summer.
1% of roleplayers JOIN our clan, Cause they have what we like.
2% Join because they are Friends of somebody, and they RP.
5% are rejected because they SUCK.
92% ignore us.

Summer:
3% of roleplayers JOIN our clan, Cause they have what we like.
4% Join because they are Friends of somebody, and they RP.
10% are rejected because they SUCK.
83% ignore us.

Though, its a 4% Boost.

keep in mind, that was out of 100 people. not out of everyone.

3It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Mk

Mk
Admin

Last summer WKRE nearly died as most of us went inactive, Duke.

And can I not go inactive for a few weeks to study for finals and go out with friends without particular people freaking out?

I will be active during the Summer, as I will not have school. Though I don't promise I'll be on 24/7 every day. But on the afternoons most probably.

4It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Dark you're a recent member of WKRE so you really have no right, nor no information or data behind our statistics.

When I first rejoined WKRE recently I was able to have like 4 other people join with me, and 2 other friends. 2 of the people I recruited that I didn't know stayed active (One of them I remember being Vikus who we all know by now), and my 2 friends have stayed mostly active I believe.

Mk I was not in WKRE last summer lol. Anyways I believe summer is a great time to boost numbers, get some good rping in, and generally make things a lot more fun.

Also Mk I was just bringing up an issue I had heard on ventrilo. I felt it better to bring up issues rather than have everyone silently ignore them.

5It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

*Caugh caugh* i am only posting on what I KNOW so far.

6It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

I probably won't be that active, unfortunately, I got plans Very Happy

7It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

You don't know anything till you've got experience or facts. Which you have neither, but lets not digress from the original topic please.

8It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

I)arkie (I)arksword) wrote:*Caugh caugh* i am only posting on what I KNOW so far.

-cough-
The data you used for your statistics and logistics are complete bull.
-cough-

And, for your information, the percentage of role players that suck, is around 45% give or take 10%.

Edit; Scratch that, it's more like 68%.

Besides, I doubt people will play this game just because Summer is starting up. We have numerous people in this clan, most of which are inactive on the forums, who I'm sure will start playing game specifically because of summer. No one gives a flying ____ about this game, even if summer is starting up. What with Playstation on the internet, Xboxlive, and some hot titles coming out this summer.

I, having my Vegas trip w/ friends cancelled. Will be on for a month or so more. Perhaps gone on June ____th/nd, with friends for that Gaming Tournament. yknow, the one I host with my friends and friends alone.

It's cool 'cuz, Around 75% of my friends are girls - and hot ones at that. They game, so it's even cooler.

Well, Duke. You suck.

Matt, I doubt it'll crash again, all you really need is Krath to be on once two weeks (Blizzard has a hard on for the Chieftains or makers of a clan to be on like every once in a while). Then it won't cause the clan to expire by default.

9It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

I'm on pretty often. Less than before due to life, and even less-so at the moment due to end of year exams and end of year parties and shit. Anyway, I'm on like 3-4 times a week, so we'll be good.

I'm seriously thinking about demoting like half my shamans though. I'll see to that next time I have time to get on. I need a good shaman who likes to recruit. I used to have Mk fill that spot out but ah... Not anymore apparently. I'll look into this in the coming few days, no worries.

http://Tits.com

10It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

I can understand Mk going away for like a week or two because of exams and shit. To be honest we fucking distract him like hell and he needs to study or his asian parents will disown him for bringing shame upon their good name. (Lol)

So don't demote Mk. Maybe demote Jay ... he never really does anything and he really doesn't get on much unless a bunch of us are on. We won't die as a clan. I'll make sure of that with my uber 1337 hax skillz as a spartan. I will enslave the people of georgia and make them join our clan and come on at least 100 times a day. If they get on 99 times or less they will have their jaw shot off by a magnum as their first offense ... if they live that experience ... there will not be a second punishment >Smile

End of the year parties for you underclassmen? Fuck off! You shouldn't party you have 2 or so more years of this shit left! I have to party because I spent 4 years doing this shit and I need to smoke up drink up and fuck up! (By that I mean have sexual intercourse with women whom are of equal or lesser hotness than me. Most of them prolly heavier than me because fat chicks love sensitive guys and thus are easier to fuck lol)

Okay back on topic Razz

11It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

DukeNukem3D wrote: I'll make sure of that with my uber 1337 hax skillz as a spartan. I will enslave the people of georgia and make them join our clan and come on at least 100 times a day. If they get on 99 times or less they will have their jaw shot off by a magnum as their first offense ... if they live that experience ... there will not be a second punishment >

I think that's just there to make your statement seem appealing. It's really just a digression. ; _;

Your third paragraph was relevant, to your plans for summer though.

The only shaman who is inactive and is lazy, is Jay. Darkmico's probably got better things to do, and Saken's on a lot. Matt is a good shaman, and is at least on currently every day or so. You just need to replace Jaytrotsky, really.

Summer's going to be fun.

12It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Mk

Mk
Admin

Idea: Before I present this idea held inside this golden box, I'd like to say only about 40% of me agrees with this idea, both me on top and bottom and inside, outside, or in pancake land.

How about to encourage recruitment (primarily by shamans) we implement the squadrant/batallion/slave group/othernameslikethese system?

IN WHICH if a shaman recruits a person that person is put in their squadrant/ajdfkwjfeiwfewf etc. and a list of these groups is put on the forum for the record.

AND SPECIAL STUFF: Que the graffiti. The shaman in charge of the thingy group stuff blah, can have full power of these people. Say, kick them from the channel without Lex Luther's permission. (Don't get the reference? GET THE FUCK OUT.)

Expand on the idea. Que commercial break.

BALLS OF STEEL FOR ONLY 5.99 A PRICE 4 DOLLARS ABOVE WHAT DUKE PAID TO GET LAAAIIID. UNACCEPTABLE.

13It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

I don't necessarily like this idea. Although, it seems a great idea for some rural clan of some forgotten tribe of degenerates. You can encourage recruitment by offering some sort of special treatment, or rewards system. (for duke, he can have the 'gold star' reward patches. :3)

But, it should be that - with the currect judicial understanding, a shaman would have the power to kick a person inside the clan channel without Lex's own personal say-so. Given a few rules by which this obides. I'm not endorsing that you go out and kick people who complete misdemeanors like cussing and name-calling. Rather, I think that you should be able to kick people, based on what they have done.

14It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:50 am

Saken

Saken
The Artificer

Well as for my inactivity over this summer, you all know I still work and have college classes and time to spend with Stephanie, so as for my time schedule with classes...

Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:40-7:20 U.S. Central time.

So I'll usually leave about an hour early so I can get ready and get to class in time.
Also I'm only part-time right now at my work, but I was considering getting a second part-time job so I could maybe have a chance of actually saving up a good amount of money to move out into an apartment with Stephanie. I'll be around though, as always.

http://www.farangdingdong.com

15It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 am

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

My excuse for not being on (for what little worth it is) is that people need to see me at least 5 times a week. Especially fat, clingy people. And my cousin, but that's beside the point.

16It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:25 am

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

During the summer, i should be on 4 times a week.

And duke. Don't motherfucking hate. Im TRYING to make my way into the clan, but Unaccepting, Disliking, Discriminating people, won't let me have fun. So just TRY to see the bright side of things, and not push people down so you think you are above them. Your doing things people have been doing for millions of years. and if you respond with some message Yelling at me, I'll only know im right.

BACK ON TO TOPIC:
I would Especially like to see more vent-chat. And for advertisement, dont use Adult themes. Use more socially acceptable themes. Such as Serious things, relating to our clan and how awesome it is. Not how many hot girls we have.
True, When Duke talks about how he likes a Female's nipple he feels better and makes everyone laugh, it makes us look immature. And when we are roleplaying and we find a good roleplayer, Don't make us look like a bunch of simpletons. Have comedy, but don't go SO far out that the roleplay doesn't make any sense at all. Go ahead and have your "Crab Battles" but make them serious, and funny. Now, im not saying that we should not have some laughs and things, like impersonating people in vent, Just when we are around potential recruits, act like Mature people.

Back off topic, but serious:
I hope i get some supporters, and not just people saying how dumb the idea is and how no one likes me. I hear it everyday people. Nothing is new. And if i hear you pushing ME down saying "Lololol Darksword your only 12. your not MATURE! We are Lolololol" I explain to you that the things you do, and how they make you seem like a 6 year old discovering candy for the first time. I know people aren't going to like this idea, so just say " I don't like this idea" then explain why. not Yell at me for having a High-pitched voice. I can't change that.

17It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:55 am

Saken

Saken
The Artificer

I understand what you're getting at, but your way of trying to explain it is a bit misleading and off-topic.

So let me try and see what you were trying to say.

• So, act as we normally do, as friend around each other when new recruits arn't around.
• When we try and recruit players, just act like civilized, literate, and mature roleplayers, and we will attract the same people.
• If we act like our typical retarded selves, by doing things that would suggest we are not literate, civilized, or mature roleplayers or people in general, we will do the opposite of attracting good roleplayers to our clan.

As for your voice Darksword, it doesn't bother me at all. It's just that when you have that need to speak when usually what you have to say is when someone else is trying to say something important. Honestly, high pitched voice or not, it doesn't matter to me.

http://www.farangdingdong.com

18It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:01 am

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Sort of, but you have alot of the idea, but we also want comedy so it isn't boring.

19It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

This isn't just about summer, the rules you put down Darkie; are meant for universal times. When in a game you should act mature and responsible, irregardless of everyone around you. Doesn't mean you should be some up-tight stuck up know it all, with a pole up your tightly clenched ass. Just means you should stop using Middle School humor. Such as;
Quagmire being the pinnacle of comedy,
Fart jokes are funny,
Think Dane Cook is 'the shit',
and laugh at everytime someone says or relates to sex/tits.

I'm never going to use vent, because I find it irrelevant to my gaming experience and thus have no ushered need of it.

20It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Mk

Mk
Admin

I find your large signature.... unacceptable.

21It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:08 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Well, atleast akiane didn't hate on me. This is sort of a debate.

22It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Okay first off topic part. When the hell have I had a full on conversation about female nipples? I've made references like "Damn she must've had dinner plates" but no full on conversation. Although now that you bring it up I will promptly start a conversation around the topic of female nipples just to piss you off.

Face it we're a group of close friends, not a commercial clan. The factor of "We present a friendly and mature gaming experience" is one of no great importance. We're friends really and we are always ripping on each other for our dumb ass mistakes and shit (Also if you have a problem with my language kiss my ass this is America where I don't take shit).

The factor of maturity is a little more relevant ... but also fucking retarded. Have you listened to ANYONE on vent? Conversations will go south to some sort of immaturity with anyone. It's just how shit is and the better it is accepted the better we will be.

Dark I don't like you as a person, but that is most likely because of your age (My little brother is about the same age as you) and he acts the same way. He, just like you, always needs acceptance from others and tries to act as if he is better than everyone else. Quite frankly I think you've gotten better at being less of that, and the fact that you have grammar this young is pretty cool. You're not a bad role player, I just get annoyed by you. But honestly who the fuck am I? I'm no one to you and the point you realize that about EVERYONE the more we can maybe get along better Razz

Back on topic again and off the topic of Darkie. Listen that squad idea may work may not work. Who the hell knows! Personally I'm not 100% worried about it as shamans are clan officers and not really individual leaders. They are meant to keep the peace and try not to let the clan die. The squad system would just be another thing we don't really need. But hell you could probably prove it is to me sometime, but I made this conclusion on my own.

23It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Look, im sorry duke.
I thought that this was a partial commercial clan.
So scrap my idea.

24It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Mk

Mk
Admin

It doesn't even have to be like that, any reward system. Maybe a contest.

25It's the summer. Empty Re: It's the summer. Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

Mk wrote:It doesn't even have to be like that, any reward system. Maybe a contest.

What's the prize? A box of internet chocolates?

If so, I'm pretty damn excited.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum