Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sign-up - Fall of Freedom

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Mon May 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Arthuria

Arthuria

Fall of Freedom

Setting and Background

A forum RP set in an alternate-era Europe during the late 1930's, FoF is a tale embroiled in war and intrigue as two superpowers battle out for survival and vengeance. The two powers at war are the Western Coalition, comprised of states such as Poland, France, Sweden, Norway, etc. The other power being The United Imperial Court, which is comprised of Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine to name a few. A small providence between these two factions is where we ( the players ) will be stationed potentially.

The small nation of Amare is a land of rolling country side and thick forest, a contrast in comparison to the Western Coalition and The United Imperial Court. When the war broke out betwixt the two, Amare declared neutrality as to not get caught up in the fighting. The numerous towns dotting the nations country side forming militias in the event either faction made an attack against them. Four years after the start of combat it happened, the Imperials marched into the Amarian countryside and razed the village of Halforde, the militia utterly crushed by the imperial might. Soon after, Queen Alexandria, ruler of Amare, signed her people into the Western Coalition.

Now enemies of The United Imperial Court, the nation of Amare is almost isolated from her allies, reinforcements that do arrive are few in number and take a while to make the trip, leaving the small nation to fend for itself. The town of Belaire, which lies only a few hundred miles from Halforde, is the next apparent target for invasion, the Coalition has mobilized two squads of soldiers, each with a tank to support them to aid the soon to be beleaguered town militia, citizens being evacuated to the safety of Randgriz, capital of Amare.

Character Stuffs!

Now, despite the information above, you're more then welcomed to be a member of any faction you wish, though the story will primarily center around Amare and its defenders. This doesn't mean those whom wish to be imperials will see no action, just don't expect too much plot-wise to come your way. Moving along! I've taken the time of creating a potential meeting point for everyone, Belaire, so we can get right into the grit. Below is an example template, use it as you will.

Character Template

• Name:
• Description:
• Background: ( Optional )
• Weapon(s): ( Keep in mind, late 1930's )

Extra Notes

Now keep in that just because this is a War RP doesn't mean other forms of RP are disallowed, not everyone has to be a combatant or even have a weapon. Hell, they can stay at HQ if they wish, I have numerous NPC's ready to take place of what may be needed, within RP reasoning that is.

This RP will require a little bit of brain work. The defenders of Amare will almost always be outnumbered and outgunned in most cases and running ahead recklessly will get you shot and killed. I cannot stress this enough: You are human. Getting shot will hurt, getting stabbed will hurt, you cannot lift cars and hurl them at tanks.

Lastly, feel free to create names for your weapons, but base them off a real world gun that was around in the 1930's, just so we don't have pistols that shoot grenades.

-If all goes well we'll be able to start soon, enjoy!
( Hope I did this right, I figured there wasn't some 'run it by an admin first' thingy. >_> )

(EDIT IN: The RP will be happening in another section of the forums, once I get the attention of a mod.)

Last edited by Arthuria on Mon May 10, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

• Name: Nicholas "Nickie" Renaule
• Description: (Has Dwarfism) Pretty short, is a guy, has brown hair brown eyes. He has a brown bag which he keeps his favorite book in. He keeps his pistol in his holster and is knife in his shoes. He even has a bible in his back pack.
• Background: He devoted his whole life to books,and hes read alot. Due to this, he often relates experiences to books he has read. He is "Okay" with knives, though not his specialty. He is very sneaky, and sneaks in after hours at the library to read books. Now, he has growing gray hairs, and is slightly skilled in pistols. He is of Amare, and used to live in a small town. It had a Library, bar, 3 farms, and small apartments scattered throughout the city, and vendors sprawled throughout the city.
When the town was attacked, he ran like there was no tommarrow. He headed to belaire, and decided to join the militia. Now, he is a scout for the militia. (He was small and fast, so he was picked for it.) He is usually seen reading, his books.
• Weapon(s): Small pocket knife. Mil-Handgun v.232 (Real World equivilent:Enfield Revolver)
*UPDATED*

Last edited by I)arkie (I)arksword) on Tue May 11, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Mon May 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Arthuria

Arthuria

Name: Vera Turner

Description: Vera is a small, slender woman, her hair is jet black and cut short, hanging in loose, messy strands about her shoulders. Her skin is pale, eyes a bright, light blue color that seems to glow when the light catches them at a certain angle. Her lips are undressed, only a little darker then her skin, thin and always curved into a frown.

Clothing wise, she almost always wears the uniform of the Amarian Militia, a black and gray long coat with black pants underneath. Her hands are encased in gloves that have a metal plate on the backs of the palms, two more small plates of armor adorning her shoulders and knees, on both of her upper sleeves is the insignia of the rank 'Sergeant'.

Background: Vera was a florist in the town of Halforde, not a successful one but she felt she was. Her shop was decorated all over with flowers, domestic and exotic, and she was content with her profession. She grew up here and the house she owned also doubled as her shop, which she shared with a small beagle named Maxwell. One faithful day she had been outside tending to the plants in front of her shop/home before the warning the klaxons for the town began flaring loudly. She turned about to rush into her home and grab her belongings just as it erupted in her face. Her house burned to the ground, as did her flowers and her dog was killed in the explosion, thusly leaving the poor woman with nothing.

She managed to escape the town with the help of some militia members and made for Belaire, arriving several hours later. Due to her performance when escaping Halforde she was given the militia rank of corporal and drafted into the fighting force, like many of the soldiers there.

Weapon: Amarian M-31 ( Equivalent is the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle, or BAR. )

4Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Tue May 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Arthuria

Arthuria

I hate double posting but hey.

Two more people and I can start this off. DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

5Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Or.. Or.. I'll blow you up?

6Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 am

Arthuria

Arthuria

Looks like it's just me and you for now, Darkie.

I SHALL PREVAIL AND MAKE THIS EXCELLENCE.

7Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 2:49 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Yep...

8Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

What is with you and dwarfism, Dark?

I'll be joining in. When I finish my description and background.

9Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

• Name: Dr. Gerald K. Stein

• Description: Gerald is a bit of an abrasive fellow. His hair has grayed from stress but he is alert and healthy as any man his age ought to be. He's got a weakness for alcohol and women. He is a heavy sleeper and mutters while he is sleeping. Though... he tends to mutter to himself while he's awake too. He is usually throwing objects to himself when he's idle, and when he's working he tends to zone out of the going-ons around him. Even loud, sudden noises fail to disrupt his concentration. However even a light touch on the shoulder will cause him to snap out of his attention- and he gets incredibly angry when this happens.

He has a slight reputation for unnecessary brutality, but there is never a person who tells these tales that can claim they know first hand. There are even rumors that he has used his medical equipment in order to torture a man to death when he was working out East.

• Background: Gerald was born and raised in Halforde but left home in order to practice his skills as a surgeon (apparently Halforde didn't have a problem with mortality rate until recently). He roamed around, living off of the money he earned while stopping from town to town to perform miracle operations on mysteriously ill and curiously wealthy individuals of towns. While roaming the countryside he'd dissect the creatures he intended to eat for dinner.

The war broke out when he was in the East and he was forced into their military. He worked as a field medic for a short time until he could desert and return home. Unfortunately in his travels home his town was destroyed. In his rage he determined he would offer his medical skills to the country. He finds himself heading to the town of Belaire after his mom got scared enlisting at the rank of Sergeant as a doctor.

• Weapon(s)- A Tokarev TT pistol picked up from out East at some point. (It's an early handgun designed in the USSR in the late 1920s), and some of his surgical equipment can be used to kill people, or for other such utility. (Such as a bonesaw for hacking, a scalpel as a makeshift stabbing knife, etc.)

Last edited by Darkmico on Fri May 14, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 7 times in total

10Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

That's funny, because I'm using the TT-30 and Tokarev SVT 40, as preferred weapons.

11Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

Well I posted first :3c

12Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

TO aki:
Dwarfism rockz

13Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

I can't help but feel your fascination with dwarfism will be short lived.

14Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

Hahaha. I get it.

15Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

Well whenever Arthuria gets back on and Akkie makes his bio we can get started right? I'm not a fan of waiting! I wanna play :3

16Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

/nod

17Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

Darkmico wrote:• Occupation: Doctor (Surgeon)

FFFFUUUU--

I'm a field medic, formerly surgeon. ;-; Hm. Perhaps we can integrate our field careers and end up creating history.

18Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

Haha. I think that you could easily run with a personality, etc to make our characters diverse enough. I mean, I'm still a surgeon. It's not like there's only one doctor in the country. I mean that'd be a problem because I've been absent for most of my life.

You ought to post your descriptions sooner tough ;3

19Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

I'm just lazy right now. If this was one of those "oh shit, this things' sooo popular, and people are already making their characters even though there isn't enough details that could make a Tim Burton playwright seem half-way sturdy, i better make my damned profile", I would have it posted first thing.

But, it's not. So, I'll be posting tomorrow or the next day. . . or the next. . .

20Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

Then don't complain, silly grumpy dog!

21Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

Didn't do too good of a sheet, but here it is. . .

Name: Nivit Styvur

Occupation: Formerly; Surgeon. Currently; Second Lieutenant Field Medic

Description: Around 6'1'' stands a doctor with soft and swift hands. His skin, slightly tanned from the work in the fields. Being a superbly effiecent surgeon who worked under stress his entire life.

Nivit's hair, vaguely gray from the out-growth, but nothing too noteworthy, mostly dark-brown to black. Teeth are in perfect condition. Eyes a firm and standing hazel, with green and gold sparkles on the outter layer of his iris, but in the middle, stands a burning red ring of what appears to be fire. His eye brows are somewhat jagged on the edges and his nose is crooked from the constant physical abuse that goes on in his life.

The body of Nivit Styvur, is a muscular one, but the malnourishment from the constant need of his expertise is obvious. His fingers are rather long, but are subtle when they interact with other objects. The arms that he works with, are tanned and rather hairy with brunette stripes covering them. Speaking a bit of a distinct German accent, but only hereditary. Fast in movement, and faster yet in critical decision moments.

Background: Coming from a poor background, it would have been expected for him to grow up a failure to launch. Though, even with his mother being a (bit) of a town-whore and his father a well-known drunkard and (hated by Nivit) bastard, Nivit came out ripe from the academy and went straight to being a well-ceritifed surgeon. His life being mainly stressed and depressing, he became a bit of an alcoholic, although not leaning on alcohol for everything. Styvur can hold enormous amounts of alcoholic beverages without wobbling around or anything similar.

Enlisting in the military only when the war started to burst at the seams on Amare. Serving currently as a Second Lieutenant Field Medic.

Weapon(s): Preferably the TT-30(USSR; Samozarjadnyj Pistolet Tokareva), and for stronger power, Tokarev SVT 40(USSR; Samozaryadnaya Vintovka Tokareva).

22Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Empty Re: Sign-up - Fall of Freedom Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Arthuria

Arthuria

Excellent.

And for information, if anyone has a question about anything, feel free to ask me in whatever way is convenient for you. I would have posted it all in one post but the length would have been stupendous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum