Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dukes Civilization Tech Tree

+2
Buzzlightning
Duke Nukem
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

I created this tech tree a long time ago for a civilization tech tree. Took me and my friends/clan mates a long time to refine the tech tree to the point where it was playable and useful.

When starting off the civilization themed RP you got 3 starting technologies, and every 10 min you could get a new technology, and a population increase of 3-4 people.

I wish for this tech tree to be adapted to a WKRE civilization RP that we could all play in. Questions comments and all that ... I need it >.>

Tech Tree

Construction:

Level 1) Improved houses (+HP), and basic scout towers (For sight only, no actual attacking capabilities.

Level 2) Very basic stone walls and structures, Houses (Small at first, but may grow bigger with population, and wealth), Actual attacking towers (Requires fletching for bowmen inside the tower).

Level 3) Able to construct a barracks type building, The player may waste one tech turn to chose a sub-level to construction, and the player may build a castle (Emits an aura of power (Not actual aura) that declares sovereignty, and allows +5 to population increase per turn).

Sub-level 1) Advanced Masonry: Allows for the building of much more elaborate and fortified walls, which can be very intimidating to an invading force.

Sub-level 2) Engineering:

-Level 1) Allows for a limited number of goblin sappers adept at suicide bombing large groups of men, or attempting to blow up a wall.

-Level 2) Gun powder units (Rifleman, Goblin blaster, and mortar teams), Workshop (Required along with black smith for gun powder units), Basic tech spells (Pocket Factory and stuff like that)

-Level 3) Zepplins (No more than 2), All Goblin units, Steam tank, any mechanical units (Except bombers), and chance to convert hero into tinker, Siege golems (Level 2 smithing & mining required)

-Level 4) 2 Techs per tech turn, advanced death tower flying castle, Bombing units (flying machine)

Fletching: Allows for the civilization to make arrows and bows for hunting, or warfare uses.

Stone Weaponry: The civilization has begun to realize that they can effectively harm their enemies with tools of war made from stone. (This tech is required for mining and smithing.)

Strength Training:

Level 1) Allows warriors the ability to effectively use heavy Iron weapons, and it increases the HP of all warriors by 200 health (Hero's do not apply to health bonus)

Level 2) Allows for the use of much more effective and deadly steel weaponry, and increases the HP of all warriors by 300 health (Hero's do not apply to health bonus)

Level 3) Allows for the training of much more heavily armored units (Like Knights, Naga Champions, and units that are much stronger than average units), and increases the HP of all warriors by 400 health points, and a health bonus of 200 to the hero or king of the civilization.

Mining and Smithing: (Requires a mine!)

Level 1) Allows for the extraction of Iron ore that can be used to create weapons, armor, and other various items.

Level 2) Allows for the smelting of Steel weaponry that is much more stronger and durable than Iron weapons and armor.

Level 3) Allows for the extraction of precious metals such as gold, and other minerals (A mine filled with gold can boost the economy of the civilization. With much wealth the civilization can rush building projects, and finance the construction of great buildings)

Animal Training/taming:

Level 1) Allows for the people to control animals that are much weaker than them.

Level 2) Allows for the people to control animals and creatures that are of the same strength as them.

Level 3) The civilization has learned how to train animals that are much stronger and deadlier than them. (Required a minimum of Strength training level 2)

Fishing, and navigation:

Level 1) Allows for harpoons to be made, along with fishing poles for catching fish. (No ships allowed to be constructed at this level)

Level 2) Allows for the construction of small, weak ships that are mainly for fishing, or trading purposes. (No cannons allowed on these ships, maybe 1 or 2 bowmen that can fire arrows from ship to ship)

Level 3) Allows for ships armed with cannons (Requires level 2 engineering for basic cannon ships, and level 3 to build battle ships)

Expantionalism: Allows for a small group of no less than 7 men, women, and children to migrate to a new location and start a settlement that can grow and become a new part of your civilization.

Racial abilities: (These have yet to be defined and will be defined upon review by me and other key members in WKRE)

Last edited by Duke Nukem on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I made it neater)

2Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

I know the tech tree is kinda messy, but we can make it more organized when we refine it.

I just realized I also created a spell tech tree for people to follow if they are in a SotDRP and the player wishes to have magical type units.

Upon completing the tech tree for spells we realized the significant overpoweredness of the magic type Conjuration. To make Conjuration less overpowered we made it so you had to master (get to level 6) one of the other types of magic. This made it harder to get to and thus not everyone would just be like "CONJURATION I SUM ON D3M0N 4 U 2 PH33R!!!"

Here is how the spell tech tree works. We tried it to where you wasted a tech turn to level up in an area of magic, but we decided that was an inefficient way to level up since you don't research on how to be better at magic. What we ended up coming with was a system where you had to do something great to advance in a spell level (Basically there would be one person in charge of setting up a boss or 2 every once in a while that was hard, but beatable). Great things that we came up with that you can do to advance in magic levels include Bosses (One neutral person controls where the bosses are placed), a successful siege on a town, and the slaying of an enemy champion/hero/king. These at the time seemed like fair and quite hard things to do, but if you have another idea for a great deed/action then suggest it please.

Please suggest spells that can be added to the list along with the appropriate spell name for SotDRP and which category and level in the category you think that it should belong to (Also if it would be an ability for hero only).

Destruction magic- Level 1) Fire ball (Aka fire bolt), soul burn- Level 2) Chain Lightning, Thunder bolt- level 3) Reign of fire, blizzard- Level 4) Flame Strike, immolation (Hero only)- Level 5) Shock Wave- Level 6) Finger of death (Hero only)

Healing- Level 1) Heal- Level 2) dispel, essence of blight- Level 3) Holy light, healing wave- Level 4) healing ward, inner fire- Level 5) Holy aura (aka unholy aura)- Level 6) Resurrection or tranquility (Can only chose one, and only for hero)

Manipulation- Level 1) entangling roots- Level 2) Telekineses- Level 3) force of nature- level 4) sleep, terror- Level 5) Charm, rally (aka blood lust)- Level 6) possession.

Illusion- Level 1) Hex- Level 2) change size- Level 3) change race- Level 4) mirror image (Hero only)- Level 5) Wind Walk, Evasion- Level 6) Silence, charm (Both for hero only)

Alteration-Level 1) Hex, abolish magic- Level 2) Lightning shield, Frost Armor- Level 3) Cripple- Level 4) Inner fire, blood lust- Level 5) inviability, banish (Only hero)- Level6) Transmute (Only hero)

Conjuration- Level 1) Summon quil boar- Level 2) Feral Spirit, summon bear- Level 3) Summon hawk- Level 4) Summon Skeletons, Lava spawn- Level 5) Doom (Only hero)- Level 6) Dark portal (Only hero)

_-=* Please note that text fighting is required for this to be fair, but the host of the game has final say on if text fighting, or text rolling will be used *=-_

3Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Buzzlightning

Buzzlightning

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Freeciv-2.1.8_technology_tree.png

that's the one with pictures Very Happy

4Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Doesn't apply much really since it goes into modern technology, and doesn't have the ability to level up a tech (like construction)

5Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Buzzlightning

Buzzlightning

ok jezz

6Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

Buzz that looks like a cheap knock off of the Civ. 4 tech tree tbh.

7Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Updated/made the tech tree neater and less vulgar to the eyes.

8Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

It's pretty cute.

9Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

This is pretty nifty, even for you Duke.

Duke Nukem wrote:Sub-level 2) Engineering:

-Level 1) Allows for a limited number of goblin sappers adept at suicide bombing large groups of men, or attempting to blow up a wall.

Should be, "Allows for a x-amount of goblin sappers more damage and larger AoE, towards large squadrons, or constructs."

I might continue to evolve your ideas, but I'm just giving an example.

10Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

This is a basic Tech tree, and I really want to perform a good clan RP with it so that we can say "Hey, remember that awesome Civilization RP?" "YEA!" "I know that was awesome!"

And then I can feel important on the inside Very Happy

11Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

I noticed. Just trying to elaborate your simplistic ideas.

12Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 am

Krath

Krath
Admin

This seems very interesting. One question; are you allowed to choose any tech every 10 minutes? Or are there limitations? Perhaps one tech should be a must have before researching another.

http://Tits.com

13Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Sat May 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

I'm sure Travis figured out that, about requirements for certain technology break through(s). If not, shame on you Duke.

14Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

I did and we tested it out.

We came to the conclusion that the initial 10min between each tech turn isn't enough time to roleplay very much. To make it more fun and more appealing to choose a location near others instead of isolated where no roleplay will likely be centered, I am extending the tech periods to 20 min, but to componsate for lost time I will allow 2 techs to be learned each turn instead of one, and allow a population increase of 7-8 each turn as well.

It is in the hands of the roleplayers in the game to attempt to find a way to engage other players and create some kind of conflict that will lead to better roleplaying when the game progresses. Please remember this.

15Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

TOMORROW! That is when I plan on trying to organize an official game of Civilization theme and trying to get this bitch tested by more people.

So I was wondering if anyone here would like to announce that they are going to be there for sure. And if you don't know tell me that too. I want to get an idea of how many people want/will attend this gathering of lab rats role players.

In the mean time I want to create a list of buildings that you could build, along with bigger buildings (monuments) that may be built (they would take a longer time)

THIS ROLE PLAY IS SUPPOSED TO LAST A LONG TIME SO DON'T COME UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 1234123556756834 HOURS TO DEVOTE (No, but come if you have like 2-3 hours to devote to this ...)

16Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Pyromania99

Pyromania99
Tactical Marine

Duke I have to say this refined Tech tree is pretty nice looking. I would join I'm busy and ground so fuck>.>

17Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Thanks Pyro I just hope more people join in the festivities

18Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

I may.

What time?

19Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Definitely at a later time. Afternoonish if we can get everyone on at that time, but most likely the game will start around 7-8. Maybe earlier depending on when everyone is on <.<

20Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

I'll try to be on. I probably will in fact.

21Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

What date?

22Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Tomorrow

23Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Empty Re: Dukes Civilization Tech Tree Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Akiane

Akiane
Akiwin

At like 7 - 8 Pm? I think I can do that. Not sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum