Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RP SERVER.

+3
Mk
Darkmico
Jak-the-Shoe
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RP SERVER. Empty RP SERVER. Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Jak-the-Shoe

Requiem

WE SHOULD GET ONE, YES, WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

Last edited by Jak-the-Shoe on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FORGOT MY SIGNATURE.)

2RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Darkmico

Darkmico
The Tactician

I play on Moon Guard. Works fine for me. I'm waiting on Cataclysm before Ill start a character with intent to level up fully, but I'm more of an alliance person.

3RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 am

Jak-the-Shoe

Requiem

Darkmico wrote:I play on Moon Guard. Works fine for me. I'm waiting on Cataclysm before Ill start a character with intent to level up fully, but I'm more of an alliance person.

THAT'S NICE, BUT I WAS SUGGESTING WE SHOULD CREATE A SERVER FOR THE INTENT OF OUR CLAN TO ROLE PLAY USING IT, YES.

4RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Mk

Mk
Admin

I dislike WoW

5RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Jak you possibly run the risk of most likely being kick from the clan for suggesting this and putting it in all caps >.> Because caps is srs business and a lot of clan WKRE hates WoW.

Despite the hatred of WoW by some members lets look at the overall challenges that we would need to overcome to have this server. For a private server you need to host it off of a computer and I highly doubt anyone here has a computer that can do that, or is willing to support a server for that intent.

Another obstacle that you would need to overcome is the fact that there are not many people in WKRE and many of them are inactive, or just plain don't give a shit about WoW RPing.

We're a roleplay clan for WC3 dude, not a WoW guild ... Thanks for the suggestion, but I seriously doubt this is possible at all, and I really doubt people would even get on the WoW server very often.

6RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

WoW sucks, don't type all in caps, and Duke all of our members arr active for all inactive members are kicked on the spot, apart from a select few for valid reasons.

http://Tits.com

7RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

Like me cause I'm special Smile

And that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, regardless of whether wow sucks (Which it does), RPing in WoW with just the clan is not as bad an idea as you would think.

8RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Sorry Krath forgot.

And Shris WoW sucks regardless. RPing on WoW would take a lot of effort that I don't think anyone here has. Creating, hosting, and maintaining the server is effort enough not to mention getting the word out and trying to convince people to join the server ...

9RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

Not like we have to get EVERYONE to join, just a few, have you ever played on a private server with GM shit? It's pretty damn fun. And it's not that hard to keep the server up. I'd imagine.

10RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

It is that hard. A friend of mine once made one. Retardedly complicated, and WoW sucks so it is a definite NO.

11RP SERVER. Empty EchelonedWoW Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:04 pm

I)arkie

I)arkie
Annoying

I play on ECHELONEDWoW

12RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Thank you Krath we don't need everyone going off to WoW again Razz

13RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

I have a friend who can do it in like a week.

14RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

I won't play WoW, for one.

Did you read the definite no, Tim?

15RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Shris

Shris
Agent Bieber

No it's not there on my screen.

16RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

Well it says it so no >.>

17RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Jak-the-Shoe

Requiem

I hosted a server for HoRP, it's pretty easy...

18RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

How about you do that and see how many WKRE members stay with it. It would fail epicly and I'm pretty sure Krath would not allow you to post up the server info on the forums advertising it as a WKRE server >.>

19RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

I would allow it, but not many would join.

20RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 am

Jak-the-Shoe

Requiem

It's not supposed to be like that, though.

It's supposed to be like, when we're all in the channel, saying, 'Oh, want to go RP on the server?' It's not a thing where people will constantly be online.

21RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

Obviously, what we're saying is we just won't go on it. At all. Most of us, that is.

22RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem
General Duke

And that just completely defeats the purpose of even owning a private WoW server if it won't be used at least once a day, so I suggest you save yourself the hassle and just find something else to do because this seems like a waste of time.

23RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Jak-the-Shoe

Requiem

Why does it matter how often it's used if people use it? It's not like I'll need to pay for a VPS server, $30 a month to keep it run.

24RP SERVER. Empty Re: RP SERVER. Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

So you'll just have one for the sake of having three four players on it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum