Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guide to Roleplaying Part 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guide to Roleplaying Part 2 Empty Guide to Roleplaying Part 2 Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Krath

Krath
Admin

Introduction

This is a follow-up to my Guide to Roleplaying Part 1. I am slowly trying to rebuild the Warcraft III roleplaying community, as it is dying. Please help out, spread this guide and let noobs download and learn! Here I will explain different commands to get you started and how to basically build. I will also explain different rules hosts may use.

Contents;
1. SotDRP
-1a. Commands
-1b. Building
2. Rules
-2a. Realistic inventory
-2b. Levels
-2c. Other

{1. SotDRP}

{1a. Commands}

Here is a list of the most basic commands, nothing too complicated, good enough to let you join a SotDRP without getting kicked because you either don't know a command or are downloading. Or both.

'kill' will kill the selected unit.
'remove' will remove the selected unit, if it's a hero his icon will dissapear from the top left corner and he won't be revivable.
'color ' will change selected unit's color.
'level ' will change selected hero's level. The maximum level number is set by the host.
'size ###' is self explanatory. Try it out.
'fa and 'fs will be explained later.
'tint 100100100100' will make selected unit/building completely transparent. 100(red)100(blue)100(green)100(transparency). So, tint 100000100000 will make selected unit a mix of blue and red.
'setname-Krath' will show, in OOC, Krath saying something when you type in a '-' before your message. -Yo. will show Krath saying Yo.
'spawn 01 footman' will spawn one footman under your spawner. You can use any number from 1 to 12, but remember to use both numbers(01, 02, 09, 10). You can type in any footman, but some units have different names. Like their race before. Orc Raiders' names are wolfriders. You would then use 'spawn 01 wolfrider' to spawn a Raider. Also, don't use plural. Wolfrider will stay wolfrider even if you're spawning two or three of them.
'msntr 01 footman' will do the same thing as spawn except the units spawned will be hostile.
'play ' will make the character act out a certain animation. 'play attack' will make the unit attack the air in front of him. You can also type 'play attack loop' to make him do so repeatedly. Here are a few animations you can use; spell, death, stand.
'nc will make units able to pass through normally impassable objects or terrain.
'cn will cancel that effect.
'waygate will give selected unit/building the ability to make a unit which right clicked it teleport from their point to another, which is chosen with the ability.
'invulnerable will make selected unit invulnerable. I only use this so fools in the game don't destroy my buildings.
'transport will make a unit capable of transportation, like a boat.
'remove tree' will remove any doodads under the spawner.
'kill tree' will kill any doodads under the spawner.
'reset tree' will revive any doodads under the spawner.
'door 100 irongateh' will spawn a normal sized, horizontal iron gate under the spawner. 100 can be changed to anything to fit the size of wanted gate. irongate can be changed to any kind of gate. Elvengate, demonicgate, gate, etc. h stands for horizontal. Vertical can be used with v, and d1/d2 can be used for diagonal gates.
'give me' will give a selected neutral unit to you.
'give ' will give a selected unit owned by you to said color.
'shownames' will show you all your set names and possible symbols to set your names with.

You should now be ready to do a decent roleplay, command-wise.

{1b. Building}

I will try to teach you as much as I can through text about building. First of all, you won't become an elite builder through this guide. Practice is the key.

To build well, you must be creative and realistic. Make detail, for example, empty crates and 'Piles of Stuff' next to a human encampment. Don't put too much though, that'll just ruin it. Make it at least a bit realistic, yet creative too. Tinting is also very useful. Make realistic tints that fit with the environment. I usually tint all my structures a bit darker, like 070070070. The preference differs from person to person, so be creative! Size is also quite important, and will have to be made as realistic as possible. A tent won't be as big as a barracks, unless it houses a huge monster or something. Face spawner, also known as 'fa or 'fs. That is the(known) secret to building. You -must- use this command if you want your builds to look good. Try it out for yourself. 'Fs makes the buildings' front point(From the camera view) face the spawner. 'fa ### makes the building's 'front point' face different sides depending on the numbers you input after 'fa.

{2. Rules}

{2a. Realistic Inventory}

This is a rule that most hosts will apply. This basically means that you should have in your inventory about what you have on your character's model. Example; the Medivh model. He will have any regular or magic staff, along with a cloak. You may get the details as well, like boots or a pendant, anything that would define your character and be used some way.

{2b. Levels}

Most hosts will simply do the regular “Max level = 10” thing. Few put any thought into that. Here's an example of interesting level rules; Level 1-3, Wanderer, Peasant, Villager. Level 4-6, Soldier, Fighters in general. Level 7-10, King, Queen, Emperor, Royalty. You won't see this very often, but I implore you to use these rules if you're being the host. It's a nice way to make godmodders not be that strong, unless you're text fighting. Anyhow, the basic max level 10 rule. That doesn't mean your character must be level 10. Even if the more intricate rule doesn't apply, you can apply it logically. You won't have a level 1 King, as you won't have a level 10 farmer. Use levels logically, not simply to abuse. This is one of the main reasons why I strongly encourage text fighting.

{2c. Other}

No massing speaks for itself. It lags the game and will get you kicked. Respect is under-used as a rule, but it is very important. You don't want to ignite a fire between you and another player and make you both want a sort of 'revenge' and always try to fuck with each other's characters/roleplay. Originality is very needed. Making the Burning Legion and other copied material is quite dull. You can use other game's lore, though. I once roleplayed in Warcraft using Warhammer lore. It turned out pretty well, though I dislike Warhammer(Personal opinion).

If I forgot anything, please private message me so I can edit this.

-Krath

http://Tits.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum